Friday, May 25, 2012

The End is "Near"!

The end of our basement apartment is so close to being done I can taste it.... Or that just might be the Sheetrock dust.... Hmm... Drew has been phenomenal working on our house, after working 60+ hours a week at a highly labor intensive job.... Being patient with me as I find deals.... I want the look with out the price... We could have been done forever ago, but waiting for things we have wanted and for Drew to have the time has been a LOOOONG process... I have finally gathered more courage and will do more projects on my own. So far grouting tile has been the only thing Drew hasn't had a bunch of mistakes to point out... Oh well... They are getting done!

I am almost done painting our cabinets. I LOVE oil based paint. It comes out so smooth and shiny, and the enamel finish is so durable! My thrifted strainers look perfect on Drew's hand made shaker panel...

Have I blogged about this? Or just instagrammed? Huh.... So many social media options.... This is my favorite Anthropologie Sale find, on a window Drew removed from a house... I bought a chain and hook from Home Depot.... I love it. I like that the frame adds width, but you can still see the tile. Still love my $2 sq/ft, gift from Heaven tile. Question.... I know color translates differently in pictures, computers etc.... But... Drew calls this tile green! What? To me it is clearly brown?.... I believe I am right....

This is becoming my favorite corner of the house.... Maybe because it is the closest to completion....

Oops.... I need to replace that art light...

2 comments:

  1. Like your strainers. SO much more fun with the colors. Your kitchen space is way too cute and it's functional too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY Cute Linds-- love that corner too!

    ReplyDelete