Monday, July 25, 2011

Water Bottle Bowling...

with my job I have the best of both worlds... I get to play, bond and love four adorable kids.... And I get to go home and sleep through the night... Smiley face...

Another benefit is I get to think of fun ways to entertain kids. Yesterday we made an at home bowling alley. It started with Drew and I saving our ICE drinks... From Costco... It's flavored sparkling water... And it's Ah...Mazing! I had my Oprah, "wow" moment when we sampled them.... Just kidding... I shouldn't joke about Oprah.... That's sacred....

Then we added food coloring to the water... Probably their favorite part... Each kid picked a color they wanted and they tried to figure out how to make the colors... They did great.... And we had A LOT of purple!

It was fun to watch the color sink into the water. The kids had a blast shaking the bottle, and magically have colored water bottles.

Then we lined up the pins.

And used $0.99 water noodles as bumpers. Not entirely necessary... But added to the overall aesthetics...

Then we got our game faces on.... And it was on!


The whole process produced about 3+ hours of fun...We learned about primary colors and math by keeping score... Adding and subtracting the fallen pins.



And we got really excited when we would knock down the yellow one... Not sure how that started... But it added an extra element of fun....



And Kate kept watch of her flower that got wacked by a rogue jump rope earlier in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment