Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tudor...

Drew is still in Texas... This post should just be that sentence... What else matters? Just kidding, but it seriously shines a light on a) how anti-social I am... Or b) how much time Drew and I spend together... Probably c) all of the above! Drew called me to do some research on trim for him! Gladly! His parents home is a tudor style home... We like to keep the trim style consistent with the house. I think the keeps the integrity of the house and keeps it from looking dated or trendy... It's original!
(via)
There are many styles of tudor... I'm not going to focus on the exterior... More on the interiors. Just so we are all on the same page these two houses above and below are Tudors... Usually easily identified by the half timber framing, steep pitched roofs, stucco exteriors, smaller framed leaded windows, chimney with a decorative cap.
(via)
Now for the interiors... If you want to see some incredible trim... Look into tudor homes... They are incredible!

(via)

Is your mind blown? Look at all of that detail!

(via)

I'm crazy about this built in stained buffet, that integrates the leaded windows on the interiors... The paneling into the board and batten... Perfection!

(via)

Leaded diamond patterned windows...

(via)

Oh this ceiling.... Stunning!

Tudor homes often have stained timber ceilings... Beautiful...

(via)

The window trim is simple but elegant... Mitered top and sides with a profiled stool/sill and a small, fluted and tapered apron...

(via)

More timbers... But look at those built ins over windows! Yes please!

You can find more of my trim inspirations on my Pinterest page...Trim and Details...

 

1 comment:

  1. HAHA!! I am pretty sure I would lose my mind if Nick was gone for that long.

    ReplyDelete