Sunday, December 8, 2013

Woah! Welcome Back...

 

I worked with some investors doing the design for some investment properties. It really is so fun just being able to say this is what I want... And it happens. Here are some pics of the property. The photos are not of the highest quality.
Before
My sketchup...
The after, the investors wanted a way to spruce up this fireplace. I chose to keep the quartz mantle to save cost and designed a simple panel top. Then finished it off with glass tile.
This shot needs one more coat of grout and a clean... But it's pretty tile!
Front room staged and ready to sell...

Love the look of these flushmount lights but they don't throw off much light. Frowny face...

We opened up the walls and created an island. I used honed black granite on the island and Carrera on the perimeter. I love how the black anchors the island.

 

Fireplace place before.... Or kind of during... This one the investors wanted to fight me on.... I wanted it painted white, and they wanted to Sheetrock and tile it.... No no no. Paint all the brick!
I love it... I think it adds such great texture and charm. Everything else is new, and this brings a dimension of age to the house!
I was right....

Love!

The ceiling had a major sag in it... When they exposed the center, it was only a few 2x4s laying flat... Aka no strength... So we vaulted it! Oh and they wanted to rip out the window seat! What? No way! love this room...

Bathrooms are some of my favorite to design... I went with white on white in this bathroom....

Love me some penny tile!

The floor!

The master! This was my favorite bath... I wanted to move in...
Here is my sketchup...

I brought in a faux 8x12 marble tile for the floor and used a 50/50 brick pattern... The wall field tile was a simple white 3x6 and the accent is a Carrera 3x6 tile stripe with a Carrera pinwheel center...

This light was AWESOME! It's actually from the track light section...

 

This was before the euro shower door was installed!

Detail shot of the tile accent...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment