Wednesday, February 3, 2010

White on White

Our washer and dryer are a mismatched set. One white and one yellow. Although they work wonderfully.... I hated them. I'm naturally a very symmetrical person. I like balance and uniform. And come on... Who wouldn't be a little thrown off by a yellow dryer and a white washer?
Blah! So one day I cracked. I ran to my local Super Market (Smith's, sometimes I feel as if I have seen way too much of the good people at Home Depot, so I mix it up!) and bought appliance spray paint. And although I am pretty sure I should have opened a window or worn a mask. I LOVE how it turned out.
It actually took me two cans to get it all covered. Looking back I would have researched a primer to block the yellow color first.
The can that saved my sanity!

PS Our bed was put up on Knockoffwood.blogspot.com, and now I REALLY wish I would have steamed the sheets! agh!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you sprayed it. Genius! (That would have driven me mad as well!) I completely understand. Great Bed by the way. I love everything over a knock of wood, I am trying to decide what to build.... Not great at decision making : )

    ReplyDelete