Monday, July 18, 2011

Great Salt Lake

Drew and I took our Sunday drive out to the Great Salt Lake... In all of my 25 years of living in Utah, this was only my second excursion out to the lake. It was Drew's second time as well.

The drive out was a lot prettier then I expected.

We drove around Antelope Island looking for buffalo.

We spotted one lone soldier, hanging out by the side of the road. The rest we saw from a distance.

Apparently there are around 650 buffalo in this herd. The view from Antelope Island was incredible. Drew and I are making plans to go out and float the lake. A first for both of us!


Then we cruised home with the windows down, in the warm 101 degree heat.... Lovely... Picked the hottest day of the summer to go on a road trip in Drew's truck with no AC! It all adds to the magic!


No comments:

Post a Comment