Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Liebster Award...

The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

What is a Liebster?

The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

1. Each person much post 11 things about themselves

2. Answer the question the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate

3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post

4. Go to their page and tell them.

5. No tag backs! (This is my favorite part)...

My sister in law has an awesome fashion design blog... She nominated me for this...

What a great subject.... Me...

1. I am a business owner...

2. I have lived in construction for 3.5 years. We are 90% done! Hooray!

3. I have three dogs. A Great Dane, Cleo, two English Springer Spaniels Polly and Mac...

5. The 5 of us live in 800 sq/ft...

6. My husband is months away from his B100 license for General Construction...

7. Then we will both be business owners...

8. I love to hike and travel...

9. We are in the process of renovating a travel trailer...

10. I love love love designing trim and layouts for homes... My favorite part of design...

11. I have furnished my entire house for $350. I love to thrift!

1. What is your biggest regret?

I really don't have any major life choice regrets. The only thing I can think of is when I said an unkind thing. Or hurt someone, unintentionally, but hurt them none the less

2. What’s your most embarrassing moment?

All of my embarrassing moments have had enough distance in them to just be funny now. The one that was the most embarrassing at the time was when I tripped over a girls foot during a high school basketball game. We were the only two people on the entire court... I laughed so hard I peed my pants on the court. My teammates tried to help me up, but I knew I would empty my entire bladder if I stood up. So I yelled, "I hurt my knees!" To buy my bladder a little more time.... Just funny now!

3. Who is your best friend?

This guy.... Seriously, everyone says they married their best friend. We don't have to say that... We live it. We do everything together. There is no one I would rather be with than Drewpy. We work everyday so we can go into business together so we can spend more time together. I'm crazy about this guy!

(You can follow my Instagram feed; lindsayredd)

4. What’s your dream job?

I have my dream job. I am just working right now to refine it. I love owning my own business as an Interior Designer. I wake up excited to work. Hopefully one day soon, Drew and I will be running our own design, build team. We have been tossing around the idea of fixing up homes and airstreams all over the US... Okay let's just make that world!

5. What’s your favorite hobby?

Studying design....
I love it, as part of my business I spend hours and hours a day studying design. And learning the details, ebbs and flows of what works, and what doesn't. And why it works... Why marble etches, why soapstone or caesarstone? Full spectrum paint vs the cheapest can at Home Depot. I want to know it all. And that is my hobby. Any book, picture or place with good design I want to see it.

6. What is your favorite website?

Pinterest.... I don't really use it to find stuff, but to store all of my design inspirations, set up client projects and review all of my favorites in one place... You just can't beat it. Follow me here.

7. What’s your favorite book?

The Giver, by Lois Lowry. It's always been one of my favorites. I had heard rumor about there being a sequel. The Son(?)..... Hmm?

8. If you were on a deserted island what 3 people would you want with you and why?

These above.... And Bear Grylls... Because I can't live without them... And literally couldn't live if Bear Grylls wasn't there to help me survive.
Fact!

9. If you could change 1 thing about your life, what would it be?

If this had been a year ago I would have much to say about living my life for myself. And how I was more worried about others people's thoughts or feelings about what I wanted. I am happy to say, I have made the changes! I am living my life.... And it has made all the difference.
 

10. What was your happiest day?

I am happiest while traveling, or on some sort of adventure. So many travels with family and friends it is hard to choose...

11. What’s your biggest weakness?

Anxiety...

I am trying to turn it from a weakness to a strength. It was something that crippled me. Caused me to not want to leave the house. Miss out on opportunities and life. But as I have taken control of my life, and left the things that brought me anxiety I have felt the chains release.

It is still a part of my life, but I use it as a motivator. To be prepared, work harder and do more than my best.., after all...

Thanks Katie!

 

6 comments:

  1. Yay loved this!! You are my inspiration Linds, I dream of owning my own business someday. Is there somewhere I can vote for your blog or did you already win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linds! I was going to nominate you but didn't know if you would want that. It's more of a way to pass on followers to others blogs. To help your blog grow ya know? What kind of business are you going to rule the world with!?

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVED this post! So fun to get to know you even a little better. We share a favorite book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination! Have you heard about The Givers sequel?

      Delete
  3. You gotta nominate other blogs now!

    ReplyDelete