Monday, January 7, 2013

A Nursery...

I got to work on a nursery for a dear friend... I loved it! I was so happy with how it all came together. It's hard for me to pick a favorite in this room. If I had to it would probably be how the wall color and crib color came together.
We went with Benjamin Moore's Pink Orchid for the walls. It is a soft pale pink... It's perfect! The crib as I blogged about before, is Benjamin Moore's Palladian Blue... I chose two accent colors for the room... Pale blue and gold... I'm crazy about how they all go together!
The dresser below was one they had on hand. A quick trip to Hobby Lobby to buy some Sale priced pink glass knobs and voila.... Baby girl ready...
Sophia chose these darling pages from her Eloise books and framed them. Adorable.
That glare in the picture is driving me crazy...
Simple sheets from Target... It's all you need. The bumper is a super soft minky that, don't worry will be removed when babe gets mobile...
The star of the show...
Sophia had this bird rack, that I believe was oil rubbed bronze.... Quick sprays of Rustoleum's Gold spray paint and its just perfect. Tiny ones got accessories!
A nursery is not complete without a rocker. I think this was one of the first purchases for the room... Love the clean lines and untraditional style. The white knit throw and ruffled pillow adds a feminine look. This chair can really grow with baby girl. We chose a gray ottoman from Target. I wanted it to tame the feminine overload. It gives some anchor to the room. Of course budget permitting I would have had this gold pouf.
Hello baby bunting came from a shower decoration Sophia's very talented friend through for her... Darling.
This lamp was a tired old black... Gold spray paint gave it a fresh look it needed.
Love this corner.
This was a brown wooden shelf I sprayed with the Wagner Sprayer with the same Palladian blue. Getting all those nooks and crannies was tricky. But I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
Styled by Sophia... Don't you love that ceramic trophy from Target that was spray painted gold?
This rug is incredible... A plain ikea Erslev rug got a quick DIY fix up. Using Martha Stewart's Gold Glitter Dust Paint from Home Depot and a circle stencil from Hobby Lobby, the plain Jane rug is quite a beauty.
Sophia did the polka dots at random and its perfectly imperfect.
Last touch of pink and gold greets you at the door. A gilded gold frame that Sophia snagged from a throw away pile. Good grab!
A darling nursery for a darling girl...


10 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors! And what an awesome idea - the RUG! Perfect! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! Those Ikea rugs are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know a lot of Lindsey/Lindsays. I love the nursery, you and Sophia did an awesome job. I love the idea of framing pages out of children's books for the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think I might have responded to onenof your comments thinking it was another Lindsey friend! Thanks so much for your nice comments! When the weather is warm lets go on a walk together!

      Delete
  4. Love, no but seriously. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay.... you are somethin' else ... so talented and soooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is uh-maze-eeng!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. came from spearmint baby, love all the touches of gold, especially the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this nursery! It feels so calm and cool and can easily grow with the babe. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete