Monday, March 19, 2012

Leprechauns Gold and Treasure Hunt....

I love St. Patrick's Day... Always have... We always woke up to green pancakes, green milk... Green everything. It's just a fun holiday with no expectations and for us no deeper meaning you have to feel guilty about not giving 100% focus.... Why do we do that? Why is there so much pressure for gift giving during Christmas, but then all you have to hear about is the real meaning of the holiday. If you are truly as horrified about the lack of spiritual meaning behind the holiday, stop buying into the material version of it! Drew and I stopped giving gifts on Christmas.... And you should see the look of horror on people's faces when we tell them we didn't do gift exchanges or give gifts.... Anyway, give me a second as I step off my soap box....

Back to just some good clean leprechaun fun! I wandered aimlessly around Michael's looking for a shamrock or heart shape stamp with no luck. So I bought a pack of corks for $1 and made my own. I just drew the shape I wanted on the cork and cut out the outside of the shape with an exacto knife.... All the cork shapes took about 3 minutes to complete... Easy...

Then we bought some air dry clay... I would probably by the clay you bake to shorten the waiting process...

We stamped three hearts (or that was the plan.... These little artists decided to interpret the shamrock in a lot of different ways)

Lots of fun shapes, sizes and stamps...

When they dried we slapped a coat of gold paint on them... And waited a little longer...

 

 

Then came the fun... We chose a leprechaun and they were in charge of hiding the gold around the house.... And then whoever found the most gold was the new leprechaun.... Literally hours of easy easy fun!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment