Monday, June 11, 2012

Bathroom Update...

Drew built us a beautiful hutch for our bathroom. He built it in the wall so it sticks into the bathroom 3", but is actually 6" deep. We got this glass door entertainment center from a job Drew did. The link will take you back to Drew converting it into our vanity. I painted these while Drew was building this dog run. Because these are in our bathroom and I painted the tub sides in the same color, I got an oil based enamel paint. It's actually a porch or garage paint so it can withstand a lot of moisture and use.

I wanted the vanity door to have the reflective quality of glass, but be solid so you can't see all of our combs, towels, etc. I rolled it on with a foam roller, on the inside. I used a hair dryer to help the paint stick to the glass.

I love how it has a milk glass appearance. It gives the room great dimension.

I matched the oil based enamel paint to Martha Stewarts, Zinc. Hard to get a true color in the pictures. The one below shows it better than the close up.

Our built in still needs more shelves and doors, but it is looking so great. Drew out in a tiny recessed can light from Ikea and I am totally in love.

We are coming right along. Baseboard, ceiling painted, and we are pretty much done with this room! Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay and Drew, I am friends with your brother nick and tom Nielsen and looking for someone to build a simple wood screen to cover some bookshelves as well as two simple cabinet fronts. Is this something you could do? It's really nothing fancy and is more to make a library functional as a nursery. I'm hoping to have it done ASAP, so please let me know if you have time in your summer schedule. Please call if you're interested. Callie 8015542727. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I want to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm calling you right now--we are talking about that mirror-- answer my call

    ReplyDelete